Are you afraid about doing something in your life?
Perhaps you have fear of failure, making a mistake or fear of being wrong. You could also be reluctant due to something from your past .
Feeling afraid is one of definitions of fear. Fear is beneficial as it protects us by alerting us of dangers. However fear can also freeze us and prevent us from taking action.
This quote and todays reflection will hopefully inspire you to be bold and take the next step towards living life.
“To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong.”Anonymous
No matter what happened in the past,
how many times we may been wrong or made mistakes we cannot let our fear stop us from going on.
We all makes mistakes and that leaves a mark in our lives and then start avoiding life. Also many take the easy way and avoid trying new things.
I have had a fear of public speaking for a while. I usually avoid any situations where I may have to speak in front of people.
I have learned that a lot of people have this same fear. Although I have still not fully conquered it, my parents and teachers have all helped me to get better at public speaking.
This quote also gives me reassurance that if I cant let my fear that I may make a mistake stop me from living life or public speaking.
They help me to write, show me how to make my presentations and give me feedback to make them better,. I am thankful for them because I am getting much better at speaking to larger audiences. I know its a skill I need and that it will help me a lot as I grow older!
- BREATHE: Take a moment to pause and breathe.
- Slow deep breathing… and guide your breath to go deeper
- Try breathing in for a count of 4 and breathing out for a count of 5 or longer
- REFLECT: on something you have been reluctant to do
- What thoughts come up?
- What are you feeling?
- Can you identify any Fears?
- Come back to the breath & without any judgement notice your body, thoughts or any sensations
- With the next breath out – Release and let go anything that is not helping you right now
- Ask yourself are these thoughts helping or hurting me?
- Opening your fist visualize releasing a string and release the fear