Do you limit yourself when setting goals?
We often compromise and set goals that are within reach and don’t challenge our comfort zone.
The first time I read the quote,“The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our AIM too high and falling short; “, I only thought of it as for the artists. Over time, however, I have looked it from different point of view and it fits so well with the theme of Resilience because it reminds us of how we need to Aim high.
In fact, I think every one who is Resilient or is aspiring for Resilience would do well to read this quote, understand it and start applying it to their daily lives.
We have some goals, But are not always clear on what we want as the Results.
Of course telling someone to apply this concept and actually doing it are two different things. And that’s why you’re about to learn how you can make this part of you life.
Let’s jump in…
“The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our AIM too high and falling short;
But in setting our AIM too low and achieving our mark”
This simple way to reflect or meditate will
Spend 5 minutes or more on 1. Reflect & 2. Respond and then 3. Integrate this in your life.
- Close your eyes, take a deep breath and Relax.
- With every Breath in Relax
- With every Breath Out – Let go
- Come back to breath every time you get distracted by thoughts.
- When you feel settled, think about a goal you have or want to achieve.
- Check if you are limiting yourself by choosing a Goal that is close to your comfort zone. If so think bigger and push yourself for 10x or even bigger.
- Spend time focusing on the end goal, see yourself achieving the results you desire. Be very clear on what is the end goal. Picture and Visualize it.
- Imagine you have achieved the goal and that you have accomplished. How does that feel?
- Rejoice, Smile and be happy as you are now clear on what you seeking. Go for the results and keep going until you get there.
- Affirm by repeating of affirmations:
- “I am Clear about my goals”
- “I am Inspired”
- “I am Ready”
- Connect with the power inside you and what lies in front of you where you can apply your skills & talent.
- Feel Inspired & Ready to get started.
Remember this practice, quote & Affirmation. Any time you need it, take a pause remind yourself that you are the Captain of your life, you have the power of choose. You are clear about your Goal and will keep working on it until you get there.
About the Author of Quote: Michelangelo di Lodovico Buonarroti Simoni, known simply as Michelangelo, was an Italian sculptor, painter, architect and poet of the High Renaissance born in the Republic of Florence, who exerted an unparalleled influence on the development of Western art.