Are you Adaptable?
The first time I read the quote,“It is not the strongest of the species that survives…“, I only thought of it was related to biology and science. Over time, however, I have looked it from different point of view and it fits so well with the theme of Resilience because it reminds us of how we must Adapt.
Successful people, companies are able to adapt to conditions and what is needed at any given time.
In fact, I think every one who is Resilient or is aspiring for Resilience would do well to read this quote, understand it and start applying it to their daily lives.
We have some goals, But are not always clear on what we want as the Results.
Of course telling someone to apply this concept and actually doing it are two different things. And that’s why you’re about to learn how you can make this part of you life.
Let’s jump in…
“It is not the strongest of the species that survives…
It is the one that is most adaptable to change.”
– Charles Darwin
This simple way to reflect or meditate will
Spend 5 minutes or more on 1. Reflect & 2. Respond and then 3. Integrate this in your life.
- Close your eyes, take a deep breath and Relax.
- With every Breath in Relax
- With every Breath Out – Let go
- Come back to breath every time you get distracted by thoughts.
- When you feel settled, think about what is changing in your life and work.
- Check to see if you are fighting the change or embracing it and change your course of action?
- Spend time focusing on what you can do given what is changing, see yourself with new goals & achieving the results you desire. Be very clear on what is the end goal. Picture and Visualize it.
- Imagine you have achieved the goal and that you have accomplished. How does that feel?
- Rejoice, Smile and be happy as you are now clear on what you seeking. Go for the results and keep going until you get there.
- Affirm by repeating of affirmations:
- “I am ready to Adapt”
- “I am Clear about my goals”
- “I am Inspired”
- “I am Ready”
- Connect with the power inside you and what lies in front of you where you can apply your skills & talent.
- Feel Inspired & Ready to get started.
Remember this practice, quote & Affirmation. Any time you need it, take a pause remind yourself that you are the Captain of your life, you have the power of choose. You are clear about your Goal and will keep working on it until you get there.
About the Author of Quote: Charles Robert Darwin was an English naturalist, geologist and biologist, best known for his contributions to the science of evolution. His proposition that all species of life have descended over time from common ancestors is now widely accepted, and considered a foundational concept in science.