No one is perfect… that’s why pencils have erasers
This is a good quote, because It is easy for kids to understand as well. Lots of people are discouraged when the try to do something and then aren’t able to do it correctly, and they should not be. This quote is trying to teach us that we should keep trying and learn from our mistakes instead of giving up from failing.
I could use writing these posts every day as an example. Yesterday at first, I admit that I was not able to write a good post on my own. My dad then helped me redo it the right way, and we wrote a much better post. Now I feel much more accomplished and fulfilled with myself that I did it the right way.
I encourage you and others to always keep trying to learn from your mistakes, and do not just give up after failing the first time. You will feel much better with yourself knowing that you completed everything properly.
- BREATHE: Take a moment to pause and breathe.
- Slow deep breathing… and guide your breath to go deeper
- Try breathing in for a count of 4 and breathing out for a count of 5 or longer
- REFLECT: on a challenge you are facing
- What thoughts come up?
- What are you feeling?
- Come back to the breath & without any judgement notice your body, thoughts or any sensations
- With the next breath out – Release and let go of what is not needed
or anything that is not helping you right now.
- Ask yourself are these thoughts helping or hurting me?
- Opening your fist visualize releasing a string and
Watch the balloon fly away…